Mirchi vada is most eaten amazing indian snack or fry side indian snack recipes. Learn how to make Mirchi vada snack food in our quick and easy recipes for snacks section. Huge varieties of chillies are found in the market. An eight inch long variety is best
Ingredients for mirchi vada:
Large green chili – 16 nos.
Boiled potatoes – 500 gms.
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp.
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp.
Chaat masala – 1 tsp.
Chopped green coriander – 1 tbsp.
Salt As per taste
Gram flour – 200 gms.
Baking powder – 1 tsp.
Red chili powder – 1 tsp.
Oil for deep frying
Salt To taste
Method for the preparation of mirchi vada:
1. Slit green chilies and remove the seeds.
2. Peel and grate the boiled potatoes and add red chilli powder, chaat masala, green coriander, Garam Masala Powder and salt. Now mash all together and mix well. Divide this to 16-17 equal portions.
3. Stuff a little of this mixture into the green chilies and also cover the chilies with
this potato mixture.
4. Now prepare a thick batter using gram flour, baking powder, red chili powder,
salt and about 1 cup of water. Keep the batter for about 10 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a Kadhai to a moderate temperature. Dip stuffed green chilies into
the gram flour batter and deep fry until golden brown.
6. Mirchi vada is ready. Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Tip: Select large sized green chilies for this recipe. It will not only give it a nice definite shape but also would not be very hot.
- Many people avoid chillies but it has Vitamins A, C and E
- potato is rich in potassium
- Potatoes are rich in Vitamin C. Typically, 100 gm of potato will contain about 17 mg of Vitamin C.
- Potato contains about 17% starch and it is one of the best natural sources of starch