Ingredients for Green Chutney:
Jaggery – ½ tsp.
Asafoetida – A pinch
Coriander – ½ cup
Garlic piece – 1
Lemon – ½
Potato Wafers crushed or 1 tsp. sev
Oil – 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
- Put green chillies, jaggery, coriander, garlic piece, sev and salt in a small mixer.
- Heat oil and add asafoetida and put it in the mixer along with other ingredients.
- Run the mixer and make the paste still its smooth.
Tip: For long life, avoid adding water or use little
- Store in a clean and dry container. Preferably in a glass container.
- Green Chutney is ready to serve.
Note: Sev is a fried Indian snack. For more details visit Spicy Sev.
- Jaggery is made in the natural way and no chemicals are used for its processing.
- Magnesium present in jaggery strengthens our nervous system
- Jaggery also has selenium which acts as an antioxidant
- Jaggery is pure form of sugar, it is also called medicinal sugar. It purifies blood, helps indigestion and also shown good results on dry cough
- Coriander helps in reducing bad cholesterol and improves good cholesterol.
- Helps in treating urinary infections.
- Aids in digestion and relieves from intestinal gas.
- Garlic has been touted to treat the cold
- Raw, crushed garlic is a powerful antibiotic
- Lemon is abundantly filled with vitamin C, it treats infections like asthma, tonsillitis and sore throat.
- Regular consumption of lemon juice is good for liver and helps in digestion.