Samosa is a stuffed pastry and a popular snack in South Asia, veg samosa recipe is stuffed with vegetables. vegetable samosa recipe is a common Indian appetizer recipe.
Plain flour (maida) – 1 cup
Warm oil – 2 tbsp
Water to knead dough
Potatoes (large boiled, peeled, mashed) – 2
Onion (finely chopped) – 1
Green chillies (crushed) – 2
ginger (crushed) – 1/2 tsp
Garlic (crushed) – 1/2 tsp
Coriander (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1/2
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds crushed – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
- Add oil, salt and little water with flour, mix well till crumbly.
- Add more water little by little, kneading into soft pliable dough.
- Cover with moist cloth, keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Beat dough on worksurface and knead again. Re-cover.
- Heat little oil, add ginger garlic paste, coriander seeds, green chilli
- Stir fry for a minute, add onion till golden brown.
- Add coriander, red chilli, garam masala, lemon juice, turmeric powder and salt
- Stir fry for 2 more minutes and add potatoes. Stir further 2 minutes. Cool. Keep aside.
- Make a thin 5″ diam. round with some dough.
- Cut into two halves. Run a moist finger along diameter.
- Join and press together to make a cone.
- Place a tbsp. of filling in the cone and seal third side as above.
- Make five to six. Put in hot oil, deep fry on low to medium till light brown.
- Do not fry on high, or the samosas will turn out oily and soggy.
- Drain on rack or kitchen paper.
- Samosa is ready. Serve hot
- Potato is rich in potassium
- Potatoes are rich in Vitamin C. Typically, 100 gm of potato will contain about 17 mg of Vitamin C.
- High vitamin C content in lemons treats infections like asthama, tonsillitis and sore throat.
- Lemon helps to treat problems associated with urinary tract infections
- Garlic has been touted to treat is the cold
- It raises our HDL (good) cholesterol levels, prevents LDL (bad) cholesterol from building up on arterial walls
- Ginger may slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and is a powerful natural painkiller