Tamarind chutney is has a flavor which has mouth tangling combination of sweet and sour. Imli Chutney Recipe serves great for the people who love to eat tamarind during their early pregnancy. It can be taken with breakfast recipes like idli and dosa. In tamarind chutney, we have used jaggery which is the pure form of sugar and we all know jaggery doesn’t contain any kind of chemicals when compared to sugar.
Tamarind – 1 cup
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp.
Cumin powder(roasted) – 1 tsp.
Sugar – 2 tsp.
Jaggery – ½ cup
Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp.
Cloves – 2-3
Vegetable oil – 1 tsp
Warm water – 2 cups
Salt to taste.
Preparation of Tamarind Chutney:
- Soak the tamarind (seeds removed) in water for 30 minutes.
- Fry the cloves for 30 seconds in a pan by adding 1 tsp. oil
- Take out the pulp and squeeze the juice.
- Add sugar, jaggery, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, cloves, roasted cumin powder and salt
- Cook the mixture for 5 more minutes on medium flame.
- Remove from flame and let it cool.
- On cooling, blend the above thick content in a blender
- Cook the blended content further more until it becomes thick.
- Tamarind chutney is ready to serve. It tastes good with idli, dosa etc.