Tamarind chutney is has a flavor which has mouth tangling combination of sweet and sour. Imli Chutney Recipe serves great for the people who love to eat tamarind during their early pregnancy. It can be taken with breakfast recipes like idli and dosa. In tamarind chutney, we have used jaggery which is the pure form of sugar and we all know jaggery doesn’t contain any kind of chemicals when compared to sugar.
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp.
Cumin powder(roasted) – 1 tsp.
Sugar – 2 tsp.
Jaggery – ½ cup
Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp.
Cloves – 2-3
Vegetable oil – 1 tsp
Warm water – 2 cups
Salt to taste.
- Soak the tamarind (seeds removed) in water for 30 minutes.
- Fry the cloves for 30 seconds in a pan by adding 1 tsp. oil
- Take out the pulp and squeeze the juice.
- Add sugar, jaggery, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, cloves, roasted cumin powder and salt
- Cook the mixture for 5 more minutes on medium flame.
- Remove from flame and let it cool.
- On cooling, blend the above thick content in a blender
- Cook the blended content further more until it becomes thick.
- Tamarind chutney is ready to serve. It tastes good with idli, dosa etc.
- Tamarind drink can lower body temperature.
- It is used as a mind cathartic substance (medication).
- It contains many minerals, vitamins and dietary fiber.
- It is also rich in many vital vitamins including vitamin A, vitamin-C, thiamin, riboflavin folic acid, niacin
- Cumin seeds are good for diabetics
- It helps in relieving symptoms of the common cold
- It are good salve for boils
- It is said to be powerful kidney and liver herb
- It has a property to boost your immune system
- Jaggery is pure form of sugar, it is also called medicinal sugar. It purifies blood, helps indigestion and also shown good results on dry cough
- Magnesium present in jaggery strengthens our nervous system
- Potassium and low amount of sodium present in jaggery helps maintain the acid balance in the body cells