Tandoori Aloo | How to make Tandoori Aloo in Restaurant Style | Aloo Tikka
Tandoori Aloo or Tandoori Tikka is one of the spicy mouth tangling recipes made with baby potatoes marinated in yogurt, red chilly powder and blend of other spices. Its color and aroma will give compelling look by which one cannot resist for having a bite.
Whether it is a party or any special occasion, potatoes always play a special role in starters. In some places Tandoori Aloo is also called with the name Aloo Tikka, I wanted to simplify this recipe, therefore, I started with marination and then microwave.
For extra flavor, I have sprinkled with mango powder once microwaved. You may also like Aloo Kurma, Aloo Bhaji recipe and aloo palak. If you want to sink your food in tandoori style then you can go with tandoori roti.
If you have any queries regarding this recipe you can leave your comment below in comment box.
Baby Potatoes – 20
Onions – 2 (diced to garnish)
Yogurt/ curd – ½ cup
Red chilly powder- 2 tbsp.
Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp.
Jeera powder – ½ tbsp.
White pepper powder – ½ tbsp.
Cashew paste – 1 tbsp.
Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp.
Aamchur (Mango powder) – 1 tbsp.
Chat Masala – 1 tbsp.
Oil – 1 tbsp.
Salt – as per taste.
Lemon – 1 (Slice them in circles to garnish)
Water – Required
How to make Tandoori Aloo in Restaurant Style:
- Remove skin and cook potatoes by adding a little water. Pierce with the fork and keep aside.
- Mix yogurt, salt, chilly powder, garam masala, jeera powder, pepper powder, cashew paste and lemon juice.
- Add little aamchur, 1 tsp. oil, potatoes to above mix and marinate for one hour.
- Microwave potatoes at 230-degree centigrades by coating single layer oil.
- Rotate potatoes after 5 minutes.
- Place aloo on a grill and cook for 10 minutes by stirring occasionally.
- Once Tandoori Aloo is done, sprinkle with amchur (mango powder)
- In order to give compelling look, garnish with onion and lemon slices.
Tip: If you want to make more attractive look, you can replace with Kashmiri chilly powder and tomato ketchup