Tandoori Kandhari | Chicken Kandhari Recipe | Murg Kandhari
Tandoori Kandhari is a north Indian style chicken recipes. It is coated with spices and marinated for 20 minutes to get the delicious flavor. Whether you are a small kid or an adult, every person loves chicken recipes; this variation of the chicken recipe is marinated with special Indian herbs and cooked in tandoor.
I have seen few people adding Pomegranate juice or molasses for making this recipe. Yes, you are right its a combination of fruit and non-veg. Pomegranate is added to obtain sweet and tangling flavor. If you want you can even try that variation, usually this fruit juice is added during marination so that Chicken Kandhari Recipe absorbs all the essence and give you good taste.
Learn how to cook chicken kandhari recipe with simple steps. In order to understand easily, I made it simple and explained step by step. Apart from this recipe, you may also like how to make KFC chicken at home, lemon chicken, Murg musallam recipe, chicken lollipops and grilled fish.
Ingredients for Murg Kandhari:
Chicken joints – 4
Cashew paste – 100 gms.
Green chilies – 50 gms.
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Lemon juice – 1 tsp.
Mint leaves – 2 tsp.
Salt – Required
Butter or refined oil – little
How to Make Tandoori Kandhari Recipe:
- Grind green chilies to a fine paste.
- Add cashew paste, chili paste, ginger garlic paste and lemon juice to chicken pieces and let it marinate for an hour.
- Transfer marinated chicken pieces to oven and cook for 5 minutes on high temperature.
- Flip the pieces to other side and cook for 5 minutes.
- Coat the chicken pieces with butter and cook for 5 minutes on medium or low temperature.
- Flip and apply butter again. In total it should cook for 25 – 30 minutes including high and low temperature.
Note: Flipping and coating with butter should be done for every 5 minutes.
- Once it is done, garnish Tandoori Kandhari Recipe with coriander leaves and serve hot.