Tomato Pulusu, How to Make Tomato Pulusu Recipe, Tomato Rasam
Unlike other liquid style rasam, this recipe doesn’t use any kind of dal, its simple and clear soup. As an alternative to soups, my grand mother and my mother used to feed me this recipe along with bread or chapati when I suffer from cold. Some times my mom used to add pepper powder to tackle cold.
Some of you might not like tomato skin and seeds, for those who don’t like them can make tomato puree and add during sauteing. This process can save you some time when onions are cooking, you can directly make tomato puree and add to tomato rasam recipe and make this recipe much easier.
As you intend to remove skin and seeds, after making puree you need to filter with the skillet, if needed you can add a little water during filtering so that you can get the full-length extract of tomatoes.
Ingredients for Tomato Pulusu:
Tomato – 1/4 kg.
Onions – 2 no.
Green chili – 4 no.
Curry leaves – 2 tbsp.
Salt – 1 tbsp.
Chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Oil – 4 tbsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
Water – 1 1/2 cups.
How to Make Tomato Pulusu Recipe:
- Slice onions, tomatoes and green chilly separately and keep aside.
- Heat oil and fry onions, green chili and curry leaves.
- When onions change its color, add tomatoes and salt.
- Once they are cooked, add turmeric powder and chili powder. Mix well.
- Add 1 1/2 cup water and boil for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Tip: If you have cooked dal then you can add to this Tomato Pulusu Recipe or you can even cook separately and add to this. It tastes great.