Tur Dal Kofta Curry, How to Make Tur Dal Kofta Curry, Chana Dal Kofta Curry
Tur Dal Kofta Curry is one of the delicious recipes which can be served as a side dish with plain rice. They are dipped and cooked on low flame in the blend of yogurt and tomato gravy which leaves your taste buds spicy and tangling flavor.
If you are going to serve your guests then Chana Dal Kofta Curry might turn out to be a simple yet amazing recipe in a vegetarian style.
Tuvar dal – 2 cups
Moong dal – 50 gms.
Coconut grated – 4 tbsp.
Green Chillies – 6 no. (chopped)
Cumin seeds – 3 tbsp.
Spring onions – 4 tbsp.
Asofotida – a pinch
Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp.
Oil for deep fry
Salt – as per your taste
Onion – 2 no (medium size)
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp.
Tomatoes – 2 no. (medium size)
Sour curd/ yogurt – ½ cup
Water – 1 cup
How to Make Tur Dal Kofta Curry:
- Soak tuvar dal and moong dal overnight (6-8 hours)
- Wash them thoroughly so that if there are any dirt particles they get removed.
- Grind tuvar dal and moong dal to coarse paste.
- Transfer to a big bowl to mix other ingredients like add coconut grate, cumin seeds, spring onions, green chillies, asofotida, coriander leaves and salt.
Tip: Adjust salt as per your taste.
- Mix well and make small balls of equal size.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry Tur Dal Kofta until they attain golden brown colour.
- Keep them aside.
Preparing Kofta Curry:
- Make a paste of onions and tomatoes.
- Take a pan and add oil to it, add ginger garlic paste and saute for a while.
- Add onion-tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now mix yogurt or curd and 1 cup water and bring to boil.
- Add Koftas and cook on low flame for a minute.
- Off the flame, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Tur Dal Kofta Curry goes well with plain rice.