Ulundu Vadai, How to Make Ulundu Vadai Recipe, Medhu Vadai Recipe
Ulundu Vadai Recipe is one of the famous South Indian breakfast recipes. Ulundu vada is a smooth and crispy snack, it is also simple to prepare as it needs very fewer ingredients. It tastes great when soaked in sambar and have them along with a spoon of sambar. Usually, in restaurants, we find coconut chutney along this recipe.
What ever the special occasion it is our first priority goes to Vada recipe or puri. Most of us prefer Vada because of essence or texture. Especially during rainy season many of our taste buds prefer oil food, especially crunchy and soft foods.
Many of us think that if the batter is hard it absorbs less oil and if it’s loose then more oil. I suggest maintaining the batter in such consistency that it not too hard and too loose, we should be able to make vada shape. This will bring soft and crisp Medhu Vadai Recipe output.
Ingredients for Ulundu Vadai:
Urad Dal – 1 cup
Corn flour – 1 tbsp.
Curry leaves – few
Green chilies (finely chopped) – 2 no.
Salt – to taste
Oil – For deep fry
Prepare Ulundu Vadai:
- Soak urad dal for one hour.
- Drain water and grind to smooth paste.
Note: Don’t add water, excess water will absorb more oil.
- Add corn flour while grinding just before you are about to transfer to a bowl.
- Cover this paste with a lid and refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Add chopped green chilies, curry leaves and salt just before you deep fry.
Tip: For puffy Ulundu Vada beat the batter with hands for a while.
- Take a portion of the batter on a polythene paper and make a flat part and put a hole at the center.
- Deep fry until you get golden brown.
- Transfer them to tissue paper so that excess oil will be absorbed.
- Medhu Vadai Recipe tastes great with sambar or coconut chutney.