Ulundu vadai is a famous South Indian breakfast recipe. Ulundu vada is a smooth and crispy snack, it is also simple to prepare as it need very less ingredients. It tastes great when soaked in sambar and have them. Usually in restaurants we find coconut chutney along this recipe.
May of us think that if the batter is hard it absorbs less oil and if its loose then more oil. I suggest to maintain the batter in such consistency that it not too hard and too loose, we should be able to make vada shape. This will bring soft and crisp ulundu vadai output.
Urad Dal – 1 cup
Corn flour – 1 tsp.
Curry leaves – few
Green chillies (finely chopped) – 2
Salt – to taste
Oil – For deep fry
Prepare Ulundu Vadai:
- Soak urad dal for one hour.
- Drain water and grind to smooth paste.
Note: Don’t add water, excess water will absorb more oil.
- Add corn flour while grinding just before you are about to transfer to bowl.
- Cover this paste with a lid and refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Add chopped green chillies, curry leaves and salt just before you deep fry.
Tip: For puffy ulundu vada beat the batter with hands for a while.
- Take a portion of the batter on a polythene paper and make a flat pat and put a hole at the centre.
- Deep fry until you get golden brown.
- Transfer them to tissue paper so that excess oil will be absorbed.
- It taste great with sambar or coconut chutney.
http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/ulundu-vadai/https://i2.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Ulundu-Vadai.jpg?fit=925%2C882https://i2.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Ulundu-Vadai.jpg?resize=150%2C150Breakfast RecipesSnacksAndhra Breakfast Recipes,Tiffin Recipes,Ulundu Vada,Ulundu VadaiUlundu vadai is a famous South Indian breakfast recipe. Ulundu vada is a smooth and crispy snack, it is also simple to prepare as it need very less ingredients. It tastes great when soaked in sambar and have them. Usually in restaurants we find coconut chutney along this recipe. May...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info