Veg Pizza Recipe | Vegetarian Pizza | How to Make Veg Pizza Recipe
Veg pizza recipe is one of the popular evening foods of corporate culture. It is basically made with maida (all purpose flour) coated with yummy tomato sauce or pizza sauce and topped with vegetables.
Usually, children like to have cheesy Vegetarian pizza so you can adjust the amount of cheese and choose your favorite vegetables. Many of us think it’s better to use a ready made base which is available in supermarkets. In this version, I have shown how to make it also. In my previous post, I have also posted homemade tomato sauce and pizza sauce.
Maida (all purpose flour) – 500 gms.
Yeast – 2 tbsp. (dry active yeast)
Sugar – ½ tbsp.
Warm water – 250 ml. (adjust as per requirement to make dough)
Olive oil – required
Salt – ½ tbsp.
For Pizza Sauce:
Tomatoes – 5 no’s. (medium size)
Paprika (red chili flakes) – ½ tbsp.
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp.
Onion – 1 no. (medium size, finely chopped)
Pepper powder – ¼ tbsp.
Garlic cloves – 6 nos. (finely chopped)
Oregano – 1 tbsp.
Olive oil – 3 tbsp.
Salt – As per your taste
Onion – 1 no. (sliced)
Tomatoes – 1 no. (sliced)
Capsicum – 1 no. (sliced)
Mozilla cheese or grated cheese – as required
How to Make Veg Pizza Recipe:
Making of pizza base:
- Add sugar in warm water and mix till it’s dissolved.
- Add dry active yeast in sugar mix and let it remain undisturbed at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Once you obtain frothy yeast mix, add maida (all purpose flour) in batches till you obtain a smooth dough.
- Apply olive oil over the dough and keep aside for 2 hours so that dough expands.
Making of Pizza sauce:
- Clean tomatoes with hot water and make tomato puree in a blender.
- On a non-stick, pan add little olive oil and saute garlic for a while and then add onions.
- Add tomato puree and remaining ingredients and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
Topping and making of Veg Pizza Recipe:
- On a flat surface put the dough and flatten the bread with ½ inch thickness.
- Brush the top surface with little olive oil and spread tomato sauce.
- Top with capsicum, onions, and few other vegetables like broccoli etc. which you like to add.
Tip: One can cook vegetables separately and use it when you are using readymade base.
- Top with mozilla sauce or grated cheese.
- Bake Vegetable pizza in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes.