Vegetable biryani is a colorful Indian rice recipe. You can smell the aromatic flavors of vegetables from distance. Mixed vegetable biryani recipe is one of the healthy recipes enriched with nutrients.
Ingredients for vegetable biryani:
Basmati rice – 2 cups
Green peas 150 grams
Mixed vegetable (potato, cauliflower, french beans, carrot) – 1 cup
Thin sliced green chillies 2
Thinly sliced onion 3
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp.
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp.
Red chilli powder 1 tsp.
Yogurt (curd) 1/2 cup
Cinnamon, Caraway seeds 2 tsp.
Dry fruits (raisin, cashew nuts) 3 tbsp.
Vegetable oil 4 tbsp.
Prepare Vegetable Biryani:
- Wash the rice and add 3/4 cups of water, salt, 2 tsp. dry fruits (optional, to enhance flavor) and pressure cook for 1-2 whistles.
Tip 1: If you are cooking for small quantity then use measurement of 1:2 ratios (rice: water)
Tip 2: If you are cooking with old rice then soak rice in water for 10-15 minutes before cooking.
- You can also cook out side (electic cooker/microwave) just as you cook for daily rice
- Wash and cut vegetables into small pieces and fry each one separately in oil along with green peas.
- Fry cinnamon, green chilli, mustard seeds and caraway seeds powder, black pepper powder and cloves for about 30 – 40 seconds and then sliced onions .
- Fry the onions until it changes its coloor to golden brown.
- Add red chilly powder and salt, stir well.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and let it cook further.
- Add yogurt(fine blend), stir well, add remaining all vegetables
- Lastly add cooked rice with the above mix and stir with gentle hands so that rice grains doesn’t break
- Let it cook further for about 3 minutes.
- Vegetable biryani is ready. Serve hot dressing with dry fruits and coriander leaves.
http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/vegetable-biryani/https://i2.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/vegetable-biryani.jpg?fit=1024%2C556https://i2.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/vegetable-biryani.jpg?resize=150%2C150VegetarianHow to Make Vegetable Biryani,Hyderabadi Vegetable Biryani,recipe for vegetable biryani,Veg Biryani,Vegetable Biryani recipe,vegetable dum biryaniVegetable biryani is a colorful Indian rice recipe. You can smell the aromatic flavors of vegetables from distance. Mixed vegetable biryani recipe is one of the healthy recipes enriched with nutrients. Ingredients for vegetable biryani: Basmati rice - 2 cups Green peas 150 grams Mixed vegetable (potato, cauliflower, french beans, carrot) - 1...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info