Vegetable Croquettes Recipe | Veg Croquettes | How to Make Vegetable Croquettes
This is a microwave version, you can even pan bake or even deep fry them as per your taste. I have explained both variations. Veg croquettes tastes great when had at tea time along with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Mixed vegetables – 250 gms. (beans, green peas, carrot, potatoes etc.)
Egg beat – 2 tbsp.
Green chillies – 4 no. (minced)
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp.
Pepper powder – 1 tbsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
Mint leaves – 1 tbsp.
Bread slices – required
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Water – 100 ml water
Salt – as per your taste.
Preparation of Vegetable Croquettes Recipe:
- Except green peas, clean all vegetables and slice them into small pieces.
- Add 100 milli liter of water into veggies and adjust temperature to high and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove water and cool all veggies.
- Transfer to a blender and make a paste of them.
- Make them into 12 equal sized balls and refregirate them for an hour.
- Coat them with egg beat and roll them over breadcrumb.
Tip: Although i have not mentioned all purpose flour (maida), you may make maida batter and dip and roll over breadcrumb powder. (for vegetarians who want to avoid egg)
- Put them over a paper or towel and then transfer to microwave oven.
- Cook for 5 minutes on high temperature, flip and further cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve vegetable croquettes recipe with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
Deep fry version:
- It is simple to understand, instead of microwave cooking, we can deep fry them until they are cooked and attain golden crust.
- We need to deep fry them at medium heat or else they might not cook from inside.
- In this scenario we put little oil on pan and saute on low heat.
- What ever the process you implement, veg croquettes taste great when having with tea or as an evening snack.