Vegetable Cutlet | Veg cutlet | How to Make Vegetable Cutlet
Vegetable Cutlet – It is one of the simple and healthy evening snack which can be made with leftover vegetables with potato as a base ingredient.
You can use veg cutlet between two bread slices and have them like a sandwich. In our recipe we have removed vegetable boiled water, if you want to reuse it, you need to peel off skin of vegetables before boiling.
Maida/ all purpose flour – 3 tbsp.
Carrot – 1 no. (medium sized)
Potato – 1 no. (medium sized)
Onion – 1 no. (medium sized)
Green peas – 2 tbsp.
Garlic – 1 inch piece
Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp.
Green chillies– 1 tbsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
Dried bread crumbs – 4 slices
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Oil – required
Salt – As per your taste
Water – required
Preparation of Vegetable Cutlet:
- Make powder of dried bread crumbs and keep aside.
- Cut carrot, potato and onion into small pieces.
Tip: Here i have mentioned only two variants of vegetables; you can add your favourite veggies. Remember if you increase veggies quantity then you need to adjust salt and chilli paste.
- Add little water, salt and turmeric powder to above vegetables and boil them until cooked.
- Drain water and smash them gently, keep aside
- Make a paste of garlic, fennel seeds, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Add 1 tbsp. of oil on a pan and fry onions till they turn colour.
- While onions are about to turn their colour add above paste and sauté for a while.
- Add smashed carrot and potato and cook for a minute or two.
- Once it is done, cool it.
- Mean while make a paste of maida by adding little water.
Tip: Consistency of maida should be like a idli batter.
- Make vegetable paste into small balls (round or gentle pressed) and dip in maida batter.
- Sprinkle bread powder and keep aside so that it dries.
- Once all balls are done deep fry them in oil or you can roast them on both sides by applying little oil on tava.
- Serve vegetable cutlets hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.