Vegetable Pie is one of the healthy vegetarian recipes. Vegetarian Pie Recipe is filled with mixed vegetables and topped with yummy cream. Your children will love to eat and its one of the best recipes to keep you fit.
There might be people who like to have a cheesy recipe for those who are cheese lovers can use cheese over the veggies. In order to save time you can also bake base (bread) and keep aside when you are in need of this recipe, you can fill veggies and serve instantly.
Ingredients for Vegetable Pie Recipe:
Maida (plain flour) – 2 cups
Butter – 100 grams
Chopped Vegetables of choice (carrot, cauliflower, potatoes, peas, spinach, beans etc)
Onions – 2
Green chillies – 2
Tomato – 1
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp.
Ginger – ½ inch piece
Cream – 1 tsp.
Corn flour – 1 tsp.
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp.
Oil – 1 tsp.
Salt – As per your taste
How to Make Vegetable Pie Recipe:
- Sieve maida and salt and add butter (chilled is better)
- Mix until you obtain flaky, if needed sprinkle some chilled water.
- Gently mix the lump for a second.
Tip: Don’t try to over knead, for better results put the dough into a plastic bag and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Now roll the dough into thick round shape let the diameter of the dough be around 4 inches.
- Prick all over the dough and place it on a greased plate.
- Bake it a pre-heated oven until light brown ( bake for about 12 minutes).
Vegetable Pie Filling:
- On another side, chop vegetables of your desired (carrot, cauliflower, potatoes, peas, spinach, beans)
- Also include grated onions, green chillies, ginger and tomato.
- On a sauce pan, heat oil and add chillies and grated vegetables of your choice.
- Stirring occasionally cook for about 5 minutes.
- Now add remaining ingredients except cream.
- Let the curry turn thick (cook until water evaporates).
- To get little crispy and additional flavour sprinkle corn flour on the top.
- Now pour these filling ingredients into the shell and pour cream all over.
- Bake this again for about 10 minutes.
- Vegetarian Pie is ready. Slice into pieces and serve hot.