Vegetable Pulao Recipe | Veg Pulao Microwave | How to Make Vegetable Pulao
There are different styles of making this recipe, many of us who are not aware of making veg pulao may end up using readymade masala powder along with rice. In this version, I have not added any such ingredients.
I have mentioned mixed vegetables, in this section, there are only a few vegetables, I didn’t try to complicate and make clumsy with vegetables. You can add or delete few vegetables.
Ingredients: 1 cup = 250 ml.
Basmathi rice – 1 ½ cups
Mixed vegetables – 1 cup (beans, green peas, carrot, cauliflower, potatoes etc.)
Onions – 2 no. (sliced finely)
Garam masala – 1 tbsp. (or simply use powder made from 4 cloves, cinnamon stick of 1-inch size and 4 cardamoms)
Biryani leafs – 2 no.
Tomato – 1 no. (sliced finely)
Green chilies – 7 no.
Ginger garlic paste – 4 tbsp.
Curd/ Yogurt – ½ cup
Ghee – 4 tbsp.
Mint and coriander leaves – ½ cup
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
Salt – as per taste.
How to Make Vegetable Pulao Recipe:
- Clean basmati rice twice and add 3 cups of water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Make a paste with yogurt, ghee, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Take microwave safe bowl and add ghee, masala powder, biryani leaf, onions slices, tomato slices, pulao paste.
- Mix well and cook for 5 minutes on high temperature with closed lid.
- Add rice and vegetables, coriander leaves, mint leaf and cook for 20 minutes on high temperature.
- Within in the 20 minutes of time mentioned above, we need to mix all the ingredients for every 5 minutes.
- If you find there is still liquid inside then you can cook further at normal temperature for 2-5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to vegetable pulao recipe and mix well before serving.