We find many varieties of vegetables according to season. Raw vegetables are always given high priority in out diet as they have full nutritional values. It’s recommended to have raw vegetables every day. If Vegetable salad is made and had before meals you will cover any missing nutritional diet.
Beet root – 2
Radish – 2
Cucumber – 2
Onion – 4
Tomato – 2
Lemon – 4
Coconut powder – 2 cups
Green chilly – 7
Ginger – small piece
Coriander leaves – small bunch
Pepper – As per taste(small amount)
Salt – As pre taste (small amount)
- First wash beetroot, radish, cucumber, carrot and remove the outer layer of these vegetables
- Cut the above vegetables into small pieces
- Cut ginger, green chilly, Coriander leaves, onions and tomatoes into fine pieces
- Take one hollow bowl and mix tomato, onions, cucumber, coconut powder, ginger and green chilly and apply required amount of salt
- Later apply lemon juice and sprinkle pepper powder and coriander leaves above the mixture and serve.
Tip: While serving you can decorate Tomatoes cut into rounds
You can also use carrot or beetroot or cucumber cut into vertically for decoration
You can use your liked vegetables in preparing vegetable salad
- Carrot helps in reducing cholesterol and prevention from heart attacks
- Carrot has beta carotene and fiber content
- Carrot is a good source of antioxidant agents.
- Carrots are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and potassium.
- Tomatoes are low in saturated fats, cholesterol, and sodium.
- It has antioxidants, which protects the body cells from damage.
- Beets are loaded with vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and C.
- They are also an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, sodium and iron
- Ginger has long been used as a natural heartburn remedy
- Ginger has long been used as a natural treatment for colds and the flu