Many of us have heard of egg omelette but this version is pure eggless and tastes great when served with bread. All you need to do is to keep between two pieces of bread and have it like a sandwich. It also tastes good with chapati.
Learn how to make vegetarian omelette Without Eggs and cholesterol free Indian pancake with just one table spoon oil. Although you can add vegetables like mushrooms, carrot, spinach etc. to make it the nutrient rich recipe. If you wish to eat a bit crispy then you can add two table spoons of rice flour preferably brown rice.
Ingredients for Vegetarian Omelette:
Gram flour (Besan flour) – 1 cup.
Onion (finely chopped) – 1 no.
Green chilies (finely chopped) – 2 no.
Milk – 2 tsp.
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – A pinch
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 2 tsp.
Curry leaves (chopped) – 1 tsp.
Oil – 1 tsp.
Salt – As per your taste
Preparation of Vegetarian Omelette:
- Take a bowl and mix gram flour, salt and turmeric powder.
- Add milk and appropriate levels of water and mix well without formation of lumps.
- Let the consistency of the mix is slightly thinner than dosa batter.
- Add ginger garlic paste, onions, green chilies, coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Beat well using a whisk until you find good froth.
- Heat oil in a dosa pan and pour the above mix and spread it gently.
- Cook the Vegetarian omelette recipe on low flame.
- Add few drops of oil on the edges so that it can be turned easily.
- Turn on the other side and cook for a while.
- Transfer to the serving plate and serve hot.