Curd/ yogurt – 1/2 litre
Cashew – 100 gms.
Ghee – 4 tsp.
Ginger and green chilli pieces – 2 tsp. (finely minced)
Curry leaves – required
Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Black gram – 1/4 tsp.
Mustard seeds – 1 pinch
Salt – required
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp.
Bread slices – 4 no.
Asafoetida – 1 pinch
Dry chillies – 2 no.
- Heat ghee on a non-stick pan and fry vermicelli until they reach golden colour
- Heat little more ghee and fry ginger, green chillies, cashew and curry leaves.
- Add all fried ingredients and mix well. Let it cool.
- Add required salt to curd/ yogurt and mix the above ingredients once they are cooled.
- Heat remaining ghee in a vessel; add asafoetida, red chillies (broken into two half’s), mustard seeds, black gram and cumin seeds.
- Once they are fried and cooled, transfer this to curd.
- Roast four bread slices and serve with vermicelli soup