Vermicelli Soup Recipe is a different Andhra style dish having tangling taste of yogurt and a crispy touch of bread slices. During winter seasons, Semiya Soup recipe perfectly suits during night time.
This is a kind of plain soup, if you want to go with non-veg variation then you can add chicken broth and chicken pieces by substituting yogurt. If you want to go pure vegetarian you can add mushrooms. This version of plain soup can be consumed either before your meals or just before rice.
Usually many prefer this kind of plain soups before having their meals because they increase appetite and cleanse the digestive system. Also, Semiya Soup will be light on the stomach so people also use this recipe to warm up their body during winter seasons. As per their tastes, one may go with vegetarian or non-vegetarian.
Vermicelli Soup, How to Make Vermicelli Soup Recipe, Semiya Soup
Ingredients for Vermicelli Soup Recipe:
- Vermicelli - 1/2 kg
- Curd/ Yogurt - 1/2 litre
- Cashew - 100 gms.
- Ghee - 4 tbsp.
- Ginger and green chili pieces - 2 tbsp. finely minced
- Curry leaves - required
- Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
- Black gram - 1/4 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds - 1 pinch
- Salt - required
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tbsp.
- Bread slices - 4 no.
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Dry chilies - 2 no.
How to Make Vermicelli Soup Recipe:
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and fry vermicelli until they reach the golden color.
- Heat little more ghee and fry ginger, green chilies, cashew and curry leaves.
- Add all fried ingredients and mix well. Let it cool.
- Add required salt to curd/ yogurt and mix the above ingredients once they are cooled.
- Heat remaining ghee in a vessel; add asafoetida, red chillies (broken into two half’s), mustard seeds, black gram and cumin seeds.
- Once they are fried and cooled, transfer this to curd.
- Roast four bread slices and serve with vermicelli soup.