This is a kind of plain soup, if you want to go with non-veg variation then you can add chicken broth and chicken pieces by substituting yogurt. If you want to go pure vegetarian you can add mushrooms. This version of plain soup can be consumed either before your meals or just before rice.
Vermicelli – 1/2 kg
Curd/ yogurt – 1/2 litre
Cashew – 100 gms.
Ghee – 4 tsp.
Ginger and green chilli pieces – 2 tsp. (finely minced)
Curry leaves – required
Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Black gram – 1/4 tsp.
Mustard seeds – 1 pinch
Salt – required
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp.
Bread slices – 4 no.
Asafoetida – 1 pinch
Dry chillies – 2 no.
Prepare Vermicelli Soup:
- Heat ghee on a non-stick pan and fry vermicelli until they reach golden colour
- Heat little more ghee and fry ginger, green chillies, cashew and curry leaves.
- Add all fried ingredients and mix well. Let it cool.
- Add required salt to curd/ yogurt and mix the above ingredients once they are cooled.
- Heat remaining ghee in a vessel; add asafoetida, red chillies (broken into two half’s), mustard seeds, black gram and cumin seeds.
- Once they are fried and cooled, transfer this to curd.
- Roast four bread slices and serve with vermicelli soup
http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/vermicelli-soup/http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Vermicelli-Soup-1024x809.jpghttp://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Vermicelli-Soup-150x150.jpgSoupsVermicelli soup is different Andhra style dish having tangling taste of yogurt and crispy touch of bread slices. Vermicelli soup recipe is easy to prepare at home. This is a kind of plain soup, if you want to go with non-veg variation then you can add chicken broth and chicken...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info