Vermicelli soup is different Andhra style dish having tangling taste of yogurt and crispy touch of bread slices. Vermicelli soup recipe is easy to prepare at home.
Curd/ yogurt – 1/2 litre
Cashew – 100 gms.
Ghee – 4 tsp.
Ginger and green chilli pieces – 2 tsp. (finely minced)
Curry leaves – required
Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Black gram – 1/4 tsp.
Mustard seeds – 1 pinch
Salt – required
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp.
Bread slices – 4 no.
Asafoetida – 1 pinch
Dry chillies – 2 no.
- Heat ghee on a non-stick pan and fry vermicelli until they reach golden colour
- Heat little more ghee and fry ginger, green chillies, cashew and curry leaves.
- Add all fried ingredients and mix well. Let it cool.
- Add required salt to curd/ yogurt and mix the above ingredients once they are cooled.
- Heat remaining ghee in a vessel; add asafoetida, red chillies (broken into two half’s), mustard seeds, black gram and cumin seeds.
- Once they are fried and cooled, transfer this to curd.
- Roast four bread slices and serve with vermicelli soup
Nutritional facts of vermicelli soup:
- Vermicelli is low in calories and cholesterol free food.
- Curd helps in improving digestive system
- It helps in strengthening the immune system
- It helps to improve capacity to absorb minerals, vitamins and other micro nutrients from the food we take.
- Cashew have a fatty acid, which lower the risk of heart disease
- Cashew have a high energy density and high amount of dietary fiber
- Ghee is considered to stimulate the secretion of stomach acids which help in digestion
- Ghee is used in Indian medicinal practice to help with ulcers, constipation, skin care and to promote healthy eyes
- Ginger may slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
- Ginger is just as effective as vitamin B6 in the treatment of morning sickness.
- Black gram dal is a good source of protein. It helps in building body muscles.