It is one of the North Indian dishes made with creamy yogurt and fresh cream topped with cinnamon stick powder and cherries.
This recipe saves your time while preparing lunch or dinner recipes when you are going short of time. You can use this gravy with vegetable curries, paneer, kofta recipes etc.
Although this is a basic recipe, this may help you deliver delicious recipes. As per your taste and location, ingredients may vary, some may like to keep these recipe ingredients low or high based on their interests. I don’t want to criticize any chef.
White Gravy Recipe, How to Make White Gravy, Homemade White Gravy
- Fresh curd/ yogurt - 1 cup
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Fresh cream - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 2 medium size
- Cheese - 1 tbsp. Grated
- Kush kush seeds - 1 tbsp. Soaked in 2 tbsp milk for at least one hour
- Peanuts - 1 tbsp grounded coarsely
- Broken cashew nuts - 1 tbsp.
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Chilies - 3 no.
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp. Finely chopped
- White bread - 1 slice
- Canned cherries - 4 no.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Cinnamon clove powder - a pinch
- Milk - required for grinding
- Ghee - 3 tbsp.
How to Make White Gravy Recipe:
- Dry grind cashew, peanuts and bread.
- Wet grind onion, kush kush seeds, ginger and chilies with the help of milk.
- Heat ghee in a heavy pan and add onions and saute for 5 minutes till transparent
- Add curd/ yogurt and stir continuously still whiteness disappear
- By adding milk bring to boil.
- Add sugar, cream, dry mixture, cinnamon clove powder and salt
- Stir gently till boiling starts
- At this stage, you can add vegetables
Tip: vegetables like potatoes, peas, paneer chunks best suits with white gravy recipe, some even use meat and chicken.
- Cover with lid till gravy thickens.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, grated cheese and cherries.