Yeung Chow chicken fried rice is one of the popular Chinese fried rice. It is almost served in all Chinese restaurants throughout the world. In other variation, most of the Yeung chow dishes are made of pork instead of chicken. But people who don’t love pork can replace it with chicken recipes rice.
When the climate is cold and has leftover rice at home, I would like to make Chicken Fried Rice Recipe. Not all times I prefer Chinese style but occasionally we make few varieties of them. Sometimes when I don’t have all the ingredients at home then I will customise them as per my taste buds.
Basmati Rice (cooked – free flow) – ½ kg
Chicken – ¼ kg
Green peas – 100 gms.
Eggs (white) – 4
Capsicum cut pieces – 1 cup
Green chilli sauce – 2 tbsp.
Vinegar – 2 tbsp.
China salt – ½ tbsp.
Mushrooms – 200 gms.
Oil – 100 gms.
Carrot pieces – 1 cup
Coriander leaves – ½ cup
Spring onion pieces – 1 cup
Soy sauce – 2 tbsp.
Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp.
Pepper powder – ½ tbsp.
Salt – As per taste
How to Make Yeung Chow Chicken Fried Rice:
- Half boil mushrooms, green peas and carrot pieces and keep aside.
- On other side fry egg white and smash it into small pieces and keep aside.
Note: If you spill salt on eggs while frying then decrease the amount of salt while sprinkling on other ingredients
- On a thick pan apply some oil and put chicken pieces and stir.
- Add chili sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce and fry.
- Add boiled capsicum pieces, mushrooms, carrot pieces and spring onion pieces and stir.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and China salt above all the ingredients and add cooked basmati rice.
- Stir well so that all the ingredients mix with rice.
- At last, add fried eggs and garnish with coriander leaves.
- According to Chines style, Yeung Chow chicken fried rice goes well with Manchurian gravy.