Achari Baingan is made in Punjabi style, although we use the word “achari“ it’s not achar (pickle) we use some spices which are used to make pickle. It is made delicious by adding appropriate levels of yogurt and a special blend of Indian spices.
Brinjal is one the native vegetables from India, we can find this vegetable in almost all supermarkets. Nowadays you are getting the hybrid variant. I recommend using native brinjal for extra flavor. Usually, kids don’t like to eat brinjal recipes that’s why I always try new variants like Vangi bath or badshahi Baingan Recipe.
Achari Baingan Microwave | How to Make Achari Baingan Recipe
- Brinjals/ eggplant – 10 numbers Make two cuts so that they can absorb gravy
- Onions – 1 no. medium size, sliced
- Tomato puree – ½ cup
- Mustard seeds – 2 tsp.
- Jeera – 1 tbsp.
- Onion seeds – ½ tbsp.
- Coriander seed powder – 2 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp. minced to garnish
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp.
- Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp.
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
- Green chilies – 3 no. diced small)
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
How to Make Achari Baingan Recipe:
- Take oven safe bowl and add oil, mustard seeds, jeera, onion seeds, turmeric powder, coriander seed powder, red chilly powder, ginger garlic paste and onions.
- Microwave the above mix for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, required salt and chilly paste to above mix.
- Stuff the mixture into brinjal pieces and pour remaining mixture above.
- Cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes by flipping brinjals for every 5 minutes
- Now remove the lid and cook further for about 10 minutes by gently flipping pieces.
- Once Achari Baingan recipe is done, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Spicy Eggplant Recipe goes well with parathas, chapattis or rice.