Many of us like to boil peas and make them with green peas, here I have taken white peas and soaked overnight to avoid pressure cooking. If you have not soaked them then you can pressure cook them for 5-6 whistles at low flame.
White peas – 1 cup
Tomatoes – 1 small bowl (2-3 medium sized)
Potatoes – 5-6 medium sized
Turmeric powder – ¾ tbsp.
Oil – 3 tbsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tbsp.
Cumin seeds – ½ tbsp.
Onions –½ bowl. (finely sliced)
Garlic cloves – 10-15 no’s.
Red chili powder- 1 tbsp.
Garam masala powder – ¼ tbsp.
Salt – 1 ½ tbsp. (as per your taste)
Coriander leaf – to garnish.
Water – required to soak, clean and cook
How to make Aloo Batani Curry or Potato Peas Kurma:
- Add 1 cup white peas and add ½ liter water and soak overnight.
- Morning, remove soaked water and clean with fresh water, transfer to a fresh bowl.
- Slice tomatoes into large chunks and add them to peas.
- Add 1 ½ glass water, ¼ tbsp. turmeric powder and ½ tbsp. salt. Mix all together and cook by closing the vessel with a lid.
- Meanwhile slice potatoes into two halves, add required water and pressure cook on high flame till they turn soft (for 2 whistle blows).
- Drain hot water and pour cold water to easily remove the skin of potatoes, slice potatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, check peas and cook till water is evaporated, remove from heat.
- Heat 3 tbsp. oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and sliced onions.
- Saute for a while and make a room to fry garlic cloves.
- Add semi-cooked potatoes and mix well.
- Sprinkle ½ tbsp. turmeric powder and 1 tbsp. salt, mix well.
- Add cooked peas and add ½ glass water.
- Sprinkle red chili powder, cook further by the closing lid.
- Once you are about to get thick gravy, add garam masala powder and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati or white rice.
Aloo Batani Curry Video: