Aloo Bhaji recipe is one of the simple and easy dry vegetable recipes which can be prepared at less time. It goes well with puri, chapati or plain dosa. Aloo Bhaji is made with fewer masala spices and is good for health. We can consider this recipe as multi-purpose curry recipe as it can be used to stuff chapathis and make a roll to your children or it can be stuffed between bread slices and make a sandwich.
If you have any plans to offer this recipe to Lord Ganesha then one should remove onions while preparation. As its prepared with less amount of oil and cooked in microwave its good for health. You gain all the nutritional values of potato. After having your dinner if you are left over with Potato bhaji then you can make them as stuffing ingredient for Sandwich.
For a picture-perfect recipe, we need to take care while cooking potatoes, for which if you feel they are not yet cooked, then we need to cook further. We can substitute Aloo Bhaji with traditional chutney’s and have with plain dosa recipe. You may also like my previous posts aloo ka paratha, aloo kurma and Bharwan aloo.
Aloo Bhaji Recipe, Aloo Bhaji Microwave, How to Make Aloo Bhaji Recipe
- Potatoes – 8 medium sized
- Onion – 1 sliced
- Asafetida – 1 pinch
- Mustard seeds – ½ tbsp.
- Jeera – ½ tbsp.
- Black gram – 1 tbsp.
- Dry red chilies – 2 no. cut them half
- Curry leaves – 6 no.
- Green chilies – 3 no. minced
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp. minced
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
How to Make Aloo Bhaji Recipe:
- Wash potatoes and dry them.
- Coat potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil and cook in microwave safe bowl for 10 minutes on high.
- Once cooled, cut them into one-inch size pieces.
- In a microwave safe bowl add oil, asafetida, mustard seeds, jeera, black gram, dry chilies, curry leaves, green chilies, onions and turmeric powder.
- Mix and cook for 10 minutes without the lid on high temperature.
- Add potato pieces and salt, cook further 5 more minutes.
- Garnish Aloo Bhaji with coriander leaves and serve hot.