Aloo ka paratha is one of the healthy Indian recipe. Potatoes are stuffed into plain flour dough. Alu paratha is simple and delicious breakfast recipe and best for working employees and school children.
Plain flour – 2 cups
Salt – 1 tsp.
Potatoes – 4 medium size
Onion (finely chopped) – 1 (small)
Dry Fenugreek leaves -1 tbsp.
Green chilies (finely chopped) – 3
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.(according to taste)
Vegetable Oil for making the parantha
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp.
Water for kneading
Salt according to taste
Preparation of Aloo ka Paratha:
- Sieve the flour, add little salt and water
- Knead to soft dough and cover with a wet cloth
- Keep the dough aside for atleast half an hour.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Add onions, dry fenugreek leaves, green chillies and mix well.
- To the above mixture add all the remaining spices and mix well
- Divide the dough into balls of equal portions
- Roll each ball in the form of a small puri.
- Now fill small quantity of above mixture and close it from all sides.
- Apply some flour on both sides (in order to avoid stickiness) and roll it gently
- Now cook on a tava, by applying little oil on both sides
- Cook until light you get brown
- Aloo ka paratha is ready. Serve with Chutney or Pickle or Plain Curd.