Aloo ka paratha is one of the healthy Indian recipes. Boiled Potatoes are stuffed into plain flour dough. Alu paratha is a simple and delicious breakfast recipe and best for working employees and school children.
This recipe is almost equal to normal chapati recipe if no potatoes are stuffed into the dough. As this is a nutritious recipe, instead of making our child eat western style processed food, we can make this recipe as their favourite.
Learn how to make Aloo ka Paratha soft which can be broken with three fingers. If you are looking to make it more nutritious then we can add a few vegetables like carrot, grated butter or paneer etc. But whatever you add they should be soft as stuffing becomes hard.
Aloo ka Paratha Recipe, How to Make Aloo ka Paratha, Aloo paratha
- Plain flour - 2 cups
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Potatoes - 4 medium size
- Onion finely chopped – 1 (small)
- Dry Fenugreek leaves -1 tbsp.
- Green chilies finely chopped - 3
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp. according to taste
- Vegetable Oil for making the parantha
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Water for kneading
- Salt according to taste
How to Make Aloo ka Paratha:
- Sieve the flour, add little salt and water
- Knead to a soft dough and cover with a wet cloth
- Keep the dough aside for at least half an hour.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Add onions, dry fenugreek leaves, green chillies and mix well.
- To the above mixture add all the remaining spices and mix well
- Divide the dough into balls of equal portions
- Roll each ball in the form of a small puri.
- Now fill a small quantity of an above mixture and close it from all sides.
- Apply some flour on both sides (in order to avoid stickiness) and roll it gently
- Now cook on a tava, by applying little oil on both sides
- Cook until light you get brown
- Aloo ka paratha is ready. Serve with Chutney or Pickle or Plain Curd.
- While making this recipe we can add oil or ghee over paratha. Ghee will not only give you extra flavour but keeps this recipe soft even after 24 hours.
- As mentioned above if you are adding veggies we need to slice them into thin pieces as they can be cooked at low time and becomes easy to stuff.
- If you want spicy and hot we can adjust by adding more chillies and little garam masala powder while making potato mix.