Andhra Chicken Fry is one of the simple and delicious recipes from South India. Andhra Chicken Fry can be treated as one of the non-vegetarian snacks during the winter season or can be best suited with alcoholic drinks. It is one of the easy to make spicy chicken recipe which can be prepared by even a person with no knowledge of cooking.
Andhra Chicken Fry, How to Make Andhra Chicken Fry Recipe, Kodi Vepudu
- Chicken cleaned - 500gms
- Coconut Dry/Fresh - 1 small piece
- Ginger optional - 2 inch piece
- Garlic - 1 full medium size
- Onion - 2 medium size
- Tomato - 1
- Dhaniya coriander powder- 1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder- 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves - 1/2 cup chopped
- Curry Leaves - 10
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon - half
- Jeera- a little
- Salt for taste
- Oil - 200 gms
How to Make Andhra Chicken Fry Recipe:
- Cut chicken into medium size pieces (not be very big pieces).
- Wash and squeeze water.
- Take a thick bottom container. Add salt, turmeric and jeera to the chicken pieces, mix it and keep it on medium flame and place a lid.
- Once water oozes out, increase the flame.
- Boil until water evaporates or chicken is cooked.
- Keep watching so that bottom does not get burnt.
- Take thick bottom kadai (pan) and pour 2 spoons of oil and heat.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry for a while then put jeera, few pieces of onion, curry leaves. Fry until golden brown color.
- Add a few pieces of tomato and fry until tomato is mashed.
- Add chicken pieces, coriander powder, chilly powder, coconut powder and fry for 15 minutes (if watery, fry until water evaporates).
Once Kodi fry turns dry, add lemon juice and pepper and fry it for 5 minutes.
Andhra Chicken Fry is ready. Decorate with coriander leaves and serve hot.