Aratikaya Masala Pulusu is one of the south Indian spicy vegetable curries made from raw banana and tamarind pulp. It goes well with chapatis or plain rice. It is one of the healthy recipes, it is rich in fiber and starch which helps in controlling blood sugar levels and lower your weight by lowering cholesterol.
Because of plantain health benefits, south Indians prepare many varieties of dishes like bajji, curry, stew, fry etc. Today I tried to make Spicy Raw Banana Curry Recipe by giving you rich blend of gravy by adjusting its tastes by giving appropriate tip.
Raw bananas – 4
Curry leaves – 8
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp.
Black mustard seeds – ¼ tsp.
Tamarind paste – 1 ½ tsp.
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp.
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Ginger – ½ inch piece
Garlic – 4 cloves
Cloves – 2
Uncooked rice – 1 tsp.
Oil – 3 tsp.
Salt to taste
How to Make Aratikaya Masala Pulusu Recipe:
- Remove the skin of raw bananas and cut into four pieces.
- Meanwhile, make fine paste of cumin seeds, ginger, garlic, cloves and rice.
Tip: While making paste you can add few drops of water
- Heat oil in a deep skillet, once optimum heat is obtained add mustard seeds.
- When you find mustard seeds popping add curry leaves and paste
- Let it fry on moderate heat for a minute.
- Add tamarind paste, banana pieces and 1.5 cup water.
- Also add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt as per your taste.
- Cook the ingredients for about 15 minutes.
- Once the gravy thickens remove from flame.
- Aratikaya Masala Pulusu recipe is ready, serve hot.
Tip: Sometimes while making Spicy Raw Banana Curry Recipe, tamarind pulp maybe very sour, you can adjust this sourness by adding little sugar just before removing from flame.