Atte Ka Sheera is one of the easiest halwa recipes you can cook in your home at no time. This recipe is one of the famous Gujarati sweets which is equipped with nutritional values as the Whole Wheat Halwa Recipe is made from whole wheat and ghee.
This recipe is one of the mouth-melting halwa recipes which can be prepared with available kitchen ingredients. Also, it is one of the easiest bachelors recipes which can be prepared on all occasions. In North India, people like to eat puri with this recipe.
As this is a dessert recipe, we can have it hot as well as refrigerated. In order to have compelling looks, we can garnish Whole Wheat Halwa Recipe with pistachio, cashew or almonds. As we are using ghee, we can make use of it, apply little ghee on a pan and stir fry cashew until golden brown and top over this recipe.
Atte Ka Sheera, How to Make Atte Ka Sheera, Whole Wheat Halwa Recipe
Ingredients for Atte Ka Sheera:
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Ghee – ½ cup melted.
- Cardamom powder – 1 tbsp.
- Chopped pistachio and almonds – 2 tbsp.
- Water – ¾ cup
How to Make Atte Ka Sheera Recipe:
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan or heavy bottomed pan and roast flour on low fire until it turns color.
Tip: One needs to take care that flour doesn't turn its color so that it loses its flavor.
- On the other hand make sugar syrup by adding ¾ cup sugar with ¾ cup water (1:1) ratio on medium to high flame.
- When the sugar dissolves and flour turn its color, mix together and cook on low flame until water evaporates and ghee oozes out.
Tip: While adding flour we need to take care that there is no formation of lumps.
- When Atte Ka Sheera Recipe is done, you can smell the aroma. Garnish with chopped pista and almonds.