From our childhood, Diwali festival means cracking fireworks and eating sweets. If there is no sweet prepared then the festival is not fulfilled. Whichever house you visit you will find at least one variety of sweet. Among all Diwali Sweets, I used to like Badam ka seera as its soft and melting.
Many say eating almonds along with its skin is good for health, at the same time some people don’t like its skin. In our case, I have removed its skin. It’s a good idea to soak almonds for at least 5-6 hours. Health experts say that eating almonds by soaking them gives its full nutritional benefits.
Badam Ka Seera, How to Make Badam Ka Seera Recipe, Badam Halwa
- Almonds soaked overnight - 1 1/2 cup
- Milk hot - 3 cups
- Ghee - 250 gm
- Sugar - 1/2 to 1/3 cup
How to Make Badam Ka Seera:
- Peel the almonds, and grind to fine paste.
- Heat ghee in a heavy pan and add the paste
- Cook on first high flame and then slim flame, stirring continuously until the paste turns light brown
- You will notice an aromatic smell coming out of the fry then carefully pour hot milk and stir.
Tip: Since the mixture tends to splatter, it is recommended to use a long spatula.
- When the mixture thickens, add the sugar and cook on a slow flame
- Stir continuously until ghee begins to separate.
- Badam Ka Seera is ready. Decorate with chopped nuts and serve hot.