Beetroot Halwa is one of the healthy dessert recipes. It makes your dining table colorful. Children love to eat such dark and yummy dishes. Apart from its taste, this recipe is fully loaded with vitamins and rich in Iron.
Usually, we can use any kind of milk but I have used full cream milk as its thick and fat filled. Its thickness and fat not only makes this recipe delicious but also gives authentic flavor. Beetroot is filled with nutrients like iron, copper, magnesium, and vitamins C. Also it is filled with dietary fiber and has no cholesterol.
In short, it not only boosts your immune system but also makes you strong. I would like to even focus on its sugar content, among all veggies this has good levels of sugar so its a better idea to have it in limit if you are a diabetic patient. Apart from this its good for health, one can find beets in almost all vegetable salads apart from onions and carrots.
I have used only almonds to garnish beetroot halwa, you can even use cashews fried in ghee to garnish and to increase its nutritional values.
Ingredients Beetroot Halwa:
Beetroot – 1 kg
Sugar – 400 gms.
Full cream Milk – 1 ½ liter
Ghee – 1 tsp.
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp.
Almonds – 5 pieces.
Saffron – a pinch
How to Make Beetroot Halwa Recipe:
- Remove the skin of beetroot gently as it is said more micro nutrients lie on the outer layer.
- Grate it and keep aside.
- On other hand boil milk in a thick vessel.
- When you find milk getting thick, stir occasionally so that lower part doesn’t burn and lose the flavor
- Add sugar, once you find thickening add ghee, saffron and cardamom powder.
- Stir constantly, until ghee oozes out and the mixture turns into a soft ball.
- Garnish with chopped almonds
Tip: In order to chop almonds, soak it for at least for an hour.