Usually, office going people are busy, as this recipe takes less time, it becomes a perfect option. Most of us do small mistake while washing bhindi, as it is a bit sticky, people wash them after they are sliced. No, it’s not correct way stickiness is healthier and we should never wash this veggie once it is sliced.
In order to give good aroma to this recipe, We have made exclusive special masala which makes it a perfect fry recipe. We have added curry leaves and onions to enhance flavor. For people who don’t like stickiness, you may add 1 tbsp. lemon juice. You may also like to check ladies finger curry.
Bendakaya Fry Recipe | Andhra Bendakaya Vepudu | Bhindi Fry
Bendakaya Fry Recipe/ Andhra Bendakaya Vepudu is one of the simple recipes from South Indian menu. Learn how to make Bendakaya Fry with step by step images.
- Bendayaka/ Bhindi/ Okra – ½ kg.
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds – ½ tbsp.
- Cumin seeds – 1 ¼ tbsp.
- Onions – 2-3 no. large size- ½ bowl
- Garlic – 15-20 no.
- Red chili powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Curry leaves – 2 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – ¾ tbsp.
- Salt – 1 tbsp. as per your taste
- Garam masala powder – ½ tbsp.
Note: We can add peanuts or cashew nuts to enhance the flavor of this recipe.
- Clean okra under water, dry and slice into fine pieces.
- Heat oil, when it reaches optimum heat add mustard seeds and cumin seeds/ jeera (¼ tbsp.)
- Once mustard seeds start spluttering add onions and saute them under low heat.
- Prepare masala paste by adding cumin seeds (1 tbsp.), garlic and red chili powder (or dry red chilies).
- Blend to fine powder.
- Once onions turn to golden color add curry leaves.
- Saute for a while and add bhindi pieces.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and ground red chili powder. Mix well.
- At last, sprinkle garam masala powder, mix and serve hot.
How to Make Bendakaya Fry:
- Clean and cut okra into fine slices, keep aside.
Tip: Before cutting into slices, clean with water and dry them on a clean cloth.
Tip: If Bhindi is sticky, then it means its fresh and healthy.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, ¼ tbsp. cumin seeds and onions.
- Let them fry on low heat.
- Meanwhile, let us prepare masala paste for Bhindi Fry.
- Add garlic, 1 tbsp. cumin seeds and red chili powder and make it to a fine paste.
- Put curry leaves and sauté for a while till onions turn golden brown.
- Add sliced Bhindi pieces and mix well.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder and salt.
- Add ground masala paste and mix well.
- When bendakaya fry is almost done, sprinkle garam masala powder and mix well.
- Serve hot, Okra fry goes well with plain rice or chapatti.
Bendakaya Fry Recipe Video: