Usually, office going people are busy, as this recipe takes less time, it becomes a perfect option. Most of us do small mistake while washing bhindi, as it is a bit sticky, people wash them after they are sliced. No, it’s not correct way stickiness is healthier and we should never wash this veggie once it is sliced.
In order to give good aroma to this recipe, We have made exclusive special masala which makes it a perfect fry recipe. We have added curry leaves and onions to enhance flavor. For people who don’t like stickiness, you may add 1 tbsp. lemon juice.
Bendayaka/ Bhindi/ Okra – ½ kg.
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tbsp.
Cumin seeds – 1 ¼ tbsp.
Onions – 2-3 no. (large size- ½ bowl)
Garlic – 15-20 no.
Red chili powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
Curry leaves – 2 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – ¾ tbsp.
Salt – 1 tbsp. (as per your taste)
Garam masala powder – ½ tbsp.
Note: We can add peanuts or cashew nuts to enhance the flavor of this recipe.
How to Make Bendakaya Fry:
- Clean and cut okra into fine slices, keep aside.
Tip: Before cutting into slices, clean with water and dry them on a clean cloth.
Tip: If Bhindi is sticky, then it means its fresh and healthy.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, ¼ tbsp. cumin seeds and onions.
- Let them fry on low heat.
- Meanwhile, let us prepare masala paste for Bhindi Fry.
- Add garlic, 1 tbsp. cumin seeds and red chili powder and make it to a fine paste.
- Put curry leaves and sauté for a while till onions turn golden brown.
- Add sliced Bhindi pieces and mix well.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder and salt.
- Add ground masala paste and mix well.
- When bendakaya fry is almost done, sprinkle garam masala powder and mix well.
- Serve hot, Okra fry goes well with plain rice or chapatti.
Bendakaya Fry Recipe Video: