Bengal Gram Curry is one of the famous South Indian recipes. Black Gram Curry can be served as a spicy snack if you make it dry. Also if you grind few boiled dal and add as gravy then it can be best served as curry recipes with rice. It can also be used as a munching snack when you have the beverage or as an evening snack as it is good for health.
Many of us know that this recipe is protein and nutrients packed recipe. During festival seasons especially Ganesh Chaturthi, we offer Bengal gram peas boiled and tempered to god as Naivedyam. For people who are looking to gain mass, they are recommended to soak the whole night and have them once they are sprouted.
Bengal Gram Curry, How to Make Bengal Gram Curry, Black Gram Curry
Ingredients for Bengal Gram Curry:
- Bengal gram dal - 100 gms.
- Onion finely sliced- 1 no.
- Green chilli sliced- 1 no.
- Garam masala - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - 1/2 tbsp.
- Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder - A pinch
- Oil - 2 tbsp.
How to Make Bengal Gram Curry:
- Add required water to Bengal gram dal and wet for 2-3 hours.
- Boil the wet dal until tender.
Tip: If you soak overnight then dal cooks to soft or else you can use sodium bicarbonate to make them cook soft in less time.
- Add little oil in a pan and fry onions and green chillies
- Once onions turn into golden brown color add boiled dal
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and little water
Tip: You can add tamarind pulp (not mentioned) and extra chilli powder as per your taste. If you like to have a spicy and hot bite then you can even add chat masala (for dry version)
- Boil until the water evaporates.