Bhatura or Poori is soft and puffy. Many people use white flour instead of wheat flour, they feel using maida makes the dough soft and good to eat. But they forget that wheat flour is good for health rather than refined flour.
We can also make bhature recipe as soft as that of made from maida. Here I have shown you the perfect way to make using wheat flour. It is healthy as well as puffy and delicious to eat.
In order to get big and spongy football size puri, we need to make the size as per your required volume and always keep in mind that when oil doesn’t reach optimum hot puri doesn’t get swelled and gets burned immediately if oil is hot or doesn’t rais if low.
When you have attained optimum hot then bhature recipe raises immediately dropped in oil, we need to pour some oil over the top so that it expands like a ball.
Bhatura Recipe, How to Make Bhatura Recipe, Puri Recipe, Poori Recipe
Ingredients for bhatura:
- Wheat flour – 1cup
- Baking powder – ½ tsp.
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Water for kneading
- Vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Bhatura Recipe:
- Sieve baking powder and flour
- Add yogurt (curd) and mix well, if needed add little water and knead to soft dough
- Keep the dough aside (preferably at little more than room temperature) for at least 1 ½ hours so that it oozes out (negligible)
- Make medium size proportionate balls and put aside
- Apply some flour (both sides) and roll into circular shaped purie size
- Deep fry these puri to golden brown color
Tip: Make sure that the oil is not very hot, if hot try to rotate immediately or else they may turn into bright color
- Bhatura/ poori is ready. Serve hot with chana masala or aloo curry