This recipe is one of the traditional recipes where gram flour batter is made into a thick fluid and poured directly over hot oil using a perforated spatula. As batter coming out of spatula are round you will get small bead type boondi.
Always remember it’s not how you make boondi in order to get perfect Boondi Laddu we need to make perfect consistency sugar syrup or else you will end up making sweet boondi recipe.
Boondi Laddu Recipe, How to Make Boondi Ladoo Recipe, Laddu Sweet
- Gram flour - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1 pinch
- Saffron - 1 pinch
- Rice flour - 1 tbsp
- Melon seeds - 1 tbsp
- Baking Powder -1 pinch
- Cashew nut half broken - 1 tbsp
- Raisins – 1 tsp
- 1 cup Water
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Oil for deep fry
How to Make Boondi Laddu Recipe:
- Mix the Gram flour, baking powder, rice flour
- Batter the above-mixed flours until it turns smooth and thick.
- Heat the oil for deep fry of the batter (let the batter is smooth so that it can enter through sieve freely).
- Pour the batter over a round holed sieve by tapping gently with a spoon
- Let the small balls of dough are deep fried and keep aside.
Note: While deep fry make sure that the batter or round balls don’t become crispy they should remain soft
- On another hand, take a deep bottomed vessel to make sugar syrup by adding water and sugar.
- Stir the mixture continuously until the syrup reaches ½ thread consistency.
- Take a small vessel and put cashew nuts, melon seeds, raisins and fry them.
- Mix melon seeds, cashew nuts, raisins, saffron, cardamom powder to the fried boondies
- Make it into round balls
Note: Make the balls when the mixture is warm or else sugar crystallizes and balls cannot be formed.
- When Boondi Laddoo gets cooled, they are ready to be served.
- You can even refrigerate it for storing for a long time (put it in an airtight container)