Boti kebab is one of the popular Moghul recipes. Normally we take whole muscle lamb meat for preparation of this recipe. Meat is sliced into small pieces and marinated with the mixture of spices and yogurt and cooked on a grill.
As we all know most of the nutritional values reside in the leg part of the meat, so people prefer only leg section. We can use mutton as well as beef in preparing skewer kebabs.
Boti Kebab, How to make Boti Kebab Recipe, Skewer Kebabs with Mutton
- Boned leg of lamb - 350 gm
- Chopped garlic - 2 cloves
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Curd - 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tbsp
- Salt - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Green cardamoms - 6
- Cinnamon sticks - 1
- Dried red chilly - 2-3
- Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp
How to Make Boti kebab Recipe:
- Grind the green cardamoms, cinnamon, red chilly and coriander seeds into a fine mix. Keep aside.
- Wash the meat and dry it. Cut into 1½ inch cubes.
- Put the garlic, coriander leaves, lemon juice and yogurt, salt, turmeric and the ground ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Cover the above blend and leave to marinate for 6-8 hours (or overnight in the refrigerator).
- Preheat grill to high.
Tip: Line the grill pan with a piece of aluminum foil so that heat gets reflected and also keep your grill pan clean.
- Thread meat onto skewers leaving about ½ -inch gap between each individual piece.
- Mix leftover marinade with the oil and keep aside.
- Grill the kebabs for 2-3 minutes and reduce heat to medium.
- Brush the kebabs with the leftover oil/marinade mixture and grill for 6-8 minutes.
- Boti kebab is ready. Garnish with thinly sliced onions rings, crisp lettuce leaves and wedges of cucumber.