Butter Naan or nan is one of the delicious bread made of refined flour. Butter naan with shahi paneer is a great combination to be ordered in a restaurant. You might have wondered how this Indian bread is made at home, but this is a simple recipe just like Indian roti but is cooked in a tandoor or micro oven.
Most of the times this recipe is made using refined flour to get soft and sticky nature but if you would like to substitute then you can go with whole wheat flour.
Butter is spread over naan to get a rich flavor. Usually, Vegetarian accompany this recipe with paneer recipes whereas non-vegetarians like to have with chicken dishes.
Butter Naan, How To Make Butter Naan Recipe, Homemade Butter Naan
- Refined flour Maida – 3 cups
- Yogurt Curd – ½ cup
- Baking powder – ½ cup
- Butter – 2 tsp.
- Milk – ½ cup
- Sugar – ¼ tsp.
- Egg – 1
- Sesame – ¼ cup
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
How to Make Butter Naan Recipe:
- Sieve baking powder and maida.
- Add sugar, yogurt, oil, little salt and butter. At the end add egg and mix well
- If the dough is hard you can add little milk or water and knead until the dough turns smooth.
- Put the dough aside for at least 2 hours covered with wet cloth.
- Divide into medium size balls which are of equal proportion.
- Roll the balls with sesame seeds and roll into a thick circular shape with the help of some flour.
- Place it in a preheated tandoor or cook in a micro oven at 350 degrees on a greased tray.
- Remove the bread when it turns golden brown on both sides.
- Butter naan is ready. Serve hot with little butter on the top. It tastes good with both veg/non-veg curries.