Cabbage Kofta Recipe is a fried dumpling made with shredded cabbage and spicy ingredients. We can make this fried dumpling with many vegetables and non-vegetarian stuff, in the previous posts I have added malai kofta curry made with creamy soft malai.
In Mughlai cuisine, one can find gravy authentic recipes with a blend of spices especially one can find many variants of meat recipes. If you take kofta recipes they are served with meatballs dipped in spicy gravy. Sometimes cabbage may become a bit more than the flour then we need to add a little bit of flour to bind.
During winter season cabbage kofta recipe serves best with your dinner. Based on your taste buds you may adjust spices and goes well with steamed rice or parathas. You may also like my previous posts Mutton kofta curry, tur dal kofta curry and gobi manchurian gravy.
Cabbage Kofta Recipe, How to make Cabbage Kofta, Cabbage Dumpling
- Shredded cabbage - 1/2 medium size
- Besan flour - 2 tsp.
- Oil - for frying
- Onion - 1 medium size
- Tomatoes - 2 medium size
- Jeera - 1 tbsp.
- Cinnamon stick - 1 small
- Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp.
- Cardamom - 1
- Clove -1
- Ginger - 1 piece
- Bay leaves - 1
- Sugar - one pinch
How to Make Cabbage Kofta Recipe:
- Take a bowl and mix shredded cabbage and besan flour.
- Add little water and make small balls
- Heat oil and deep fry the koftas. Keep aside
- On other hand make a paste of onions, tomatoes, jeera, clove, cinnamon stick, cardamom, coriander seeds and ginger
- Take a pan heat 1 tsp. Oil and add bay leaves and above paste
- Add little salt and sugar as per your taste
- Cook on a low flame so that oil gets separated.
- If needed you can add little water if you feel gravy is thick
- Switch off the flame and add koftas while gravy is hot.
- Cover the lid and let koftas absorb the gravy till they are served.
- Garnish Cabbage Kofta Recipe with fresh coriander leaves before serving.