Carrot Banana Cake is one of the healthy recipes which every child likes to have. In order to make the cake rise, I have used ripened banana and eggs. I have used all-purpose flour instead of self-rising flour to make it easy to prepare and give you a clear view.
Carrot Banana Cake with Lemon Icing, How to Make Banana Carrot Cake
Ingredients for Carrot Banana Cake:
- Grated carrot – 400 grams
- Bananas – 2 no. ripened
- Butter or Margarin – 200 grams
- Self-rising flour – 750 gms.
- Sugar – 400 gms.
- Eggs – 2 no.
- Milk – 100 ml.
- Salt – required quantity
- Lemon icing – required
- Vanilla essence – 2 tbsp.
- Cinnamon powder – a pinch
Preparation of Lemon Icing:
- 600 gms. Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
How to Make Carrot Banana Cake:
- Mash ripened bananas and keep aside.
- Now we need to prepare cream, for which add margarine and sugar.
- Beat margarine and sugar by adding vanilla essence.
- Remove egg white and add to above cream and beat well until you see a cream.
Note: Beating should not be stopped in between, else you will notice cracks in the mix.
- Add mashed banana mix to above cream and beat well.
- Add self-rising flour and salt together.
Tip: Self-rising flour is usually found in the regular market which comes as the baking powder mixed in it or else you can use maida (all-purpose flour) and 3 tbsp. baking powder mixed in it.
- Add grated carrot to flour and mix well.
- Add milk and above cream to this mix and make smooth cake mix.
- Take greased cake mold and pour the mix.
Tip: If you feel that the carrot banana cake sticks to the walls of the mold, you can place butter paper in the mold and pour in it. While removing the cake, it becomes easy to remove.
- Now bake the mix at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Once the cake is cooled, apply lemon icing and sprinkle cinnamon powder above it.
How to Make Lemon Icing:
Add all ingredients in a thick bottom vessel and heat at low flame.
Within minutes, the mixes become a paste, off the flame and cool the mix.
Using the knife, apply this paste evenly over the cake.