Carrot Halwa is one of the popular Indian sweet. Gajar ka Halwa is prepared in all kinds of auspicious occasions. The color itself compels us to eat. Apart from its color its aroma rejuvenates our taste buds and feels like having Carrot Halva one more spoon. It’s also a nutritious recipe.
When I first tried to attempt this recipe I made it on newly purchased microwave oven which came with built-in settings. I have to add all ingredients and set the mode and within 30 minutes this recipe got prepared.
Tips to Make perfect Carrot Halwa Recipe:
- If we are cooking outside, this recipe needs to be cooked on low flame to get perfect flavour.
- Always use a fresh carrot and whole fat milk.
- Nowadays we get a different variant of carrots, if you are using native carrot then cook at low flame.
- When this recipe is almost done, we need to stir constantly so that milk and ingredients are not burnt.
Carrot Halwa Recipe, How to Make Carrot Halwa Recipe, Gajar Ka Halwa
- Carrots juicy orange color - 1 kg
- Milk - 1 ½ liter
- Sugar - 400-500 gm
- Elaichi powder cardamom – 1 tsp
- Saffron - few flakes
- Orange color optional - few drops
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
How to Make Carrot Halwa Recipe:
- Peel and grate carrots for the preparation of Gaajar Ka Halwa
- Boil the grated carrots with milk in a heavy saucepan.
- Boil the mixture until it turns thick, by stirring occasionally.
- Once it starts thickening, stir continuously.
- Add sugar and cook further until it totally thickens.
- Add ghee, elaichi, saffron and color by stirring on low heat until ghee oozes out.
- Carrot halwa is ready.
- Serve hot, decorated with a chopped almond or pista.