Cashew Burfi is one of the famous Diwali sweets. It is a simple Indian recipe made from sugar and cashew nuts. Kaju Barfi is not only delicious but also healthy. Learn how to make Cashew Barfi with our easy to learn steps.
Cashew Burfi, Homemade Kaju ki Barfi, How to Make Cashew Burfi Recipe
- Cashew/kaju - 1 cup
- Cream - ¼ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Silver leaf
- A little Ghee
How to Make Cashew Burfi Recipe:
- Soak kaju for 3 hours.
- Grind the nuts to a paste.
- Take a flat tray, and grease it with ghee.
- In a thick bottom vessel put the sugar and cream, go on stirring for about 5-8 minutes till you get a single strand consistency.
Tip: Use organic sugar to be free from chemicals. Crush and make powder of it when mixed with cream.
- Once its done add the kaju paste and stir continuously till the ball is formed in the center.
- Then immediately pour it on the greased tray.,make a thin (an inch)layer out of it.
- After about 5 minutes carefully undo the silver leaf covering the whole sweet.
- Cashew Burfi is ready. Cut the burfee.
- Cashew nuts do have a relatively high fat content (12 grams per ounce, 2 grams saturated fat), but it is considered “good fat.”
- It also has a fatty acid, which lowers the risk of heart disease
- They have a high energy density and high amount of dietary fiber
- It's high magnesium content also takes the credit for its healthy heart qualities
- High copper content helps the body utilize iron, eliminate free radicals, develop bone and connective tissue, and produce the skin and hair pigment melanin.
- From many years sugar is treated as a tempting ingredient, but because of health issues, you can use sugar-free sweetener.
- Organic sugar is less processed and chemical free so you can have it under caution (sugar is not recommended for diabetes patients)