Cauliflower Curry Andhra style is one of the simple and aromatic curry recipes made in South India. I tried to prepare it very simple by reduced spices and by adding only a spoon of garam masala. You can make it gravy style by keeping little water or even a bit dry where gravy exists absorbed by florets.
Gobi Curry Recipe can be prepared by even bachelors, It can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. If made dry version then it goes well with chapati.
I suggest you clean florets with salted warm water for at least 10 minutes, sometimes you find small insects hidden if not properly stored by market vendors. Also while purchasing florets we need to check whether there is any fungus on florets.
Cauliflower Curry is a good nutritional recipe bundled with fiber and has a property to stop strokes. Doctors always suggest making cauliflower as one of your diet element as it helps in the development of a child. It serves well with chapati and rice.
Apart from this recipe you may also like my other posts on Andhra recipes Senagapappu Kobbari Curry – protein filled dry version made from Bengal gram and fresh coconut grate, mudda pappu – yet another protein filled South Indian staple food made from red gram (tur dal), tomato pulusu and aratikaya masala pulusu.
Cauliflower Curry Andhra Style, How to make cauliflower curry Andhra style
Ingredients (1 cup = 200 ml.):
- Cauliflower – 1 large floret
- Onions – 1 cup
- Tomatoes – 4 no.
- Green chilies – 5 no.
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tbsp.
- Curry leaves – 2 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp.
- Mustard seeds – ½ tbsp.
- Cumin seeds – ½ tbsp.
- Chana dal – 1 tbsp.
- Red chili powder – ¾ tbsp.
- Coriander powder – ¾ tbsp.
- Garam masala powder – ½ tbsp.
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
- Oil – 2 large spoons
- Salt – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Water – Required to boil cauliflower florets.
- Clean florets and boil them by adding little salt and turmeric powder.
- In a pan add oil, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and chana dal. Saute for a while.
- Add onions, green chillies, curry leaves and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute till raw flavour is cooked and onions turn tender.
- Add cauliflower florets, tomatoes, turmeric powder and salt.
- Place lid and cook till they are cooked.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Mix well and cook for few seconds and garnish Cauliflower Curry with coriander leaves.
How to Make Cauliflower Curry Andhra Style:
- First, we need to clean and half boil cauliflower florets.
- Boil water and add 1 tbsp. salt, a pinch of turmeric powder and half boil cauliflower florets.
Tip: There is a chance of fungal or bacterial infection over the flower and there might be insects inside florets, it is important to disinfect florets with salt and turmeric powder.
- Add two spoons of oil in a wide pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and chana dal.
- Stir fry them for a while, add 1 cup sliced onions, green chilies, ginger garlic paste and curry leaves.
- Drop cauliflower florets.
- Add ½ tbsp. salt and ¼ tbsp. turmeric powder and mix well.
- Make a room for tomatoes and drop them in the middle.
Tip: We can add tomatoes before adding cauliflower florets also.
- Place lid and cook for a while so that tomato become soft.
- Add red chili powder and coriander powder, mix well.
- Just before turning off the heat, add garam masala powder.
- Mix well and garnish Cauliflower Curry Andhra Style with coriander leaves.
Cauliflower Curry Andhra Style Video: