Chick pea curry is one of the simple and delicious recipes. Chole masala is one of the famous North Indian recipes which are consumed either with rice or chapati. Although it’s a masala rich recipe I tried to keep it low to make it healthy.
If you are fond of the taste, you may add coconut grate, ginger garlic paste and black pepper to increase flavor and attain rich gravy. In South India, we find coconut grate added to this recipe to enhance its flavor. I have seen North Indians like to eat chapati most of the times so it’s better if you make this recipe dry. If you are planning to have with rice then it’s a good idea to make gravy by adding coconut grate and other spices.
You can add this recipe to your healthy diet as it is nutritional and healthy. Chole Masala Recipe is rich in fiber and aids in lowering blood glucose and improve insulin levels. It helps in building bone strength as it’s rich in calcium, iron, zinc and many other nutrients. It not only helps in managing your weight but also keeps you away from heart strokes and cancer.
Chick Pea Curry | How to Make Chick Pea Curry | Chole Masala Recipe
- Chickpeas – 100 gms.
- Onions – 1 no.
- Tomato -1no.
- Green chili – 1no.
- Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – ½ tbsp.
- Red Chilli powder – ½ tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
How to Make Chick Pea Curry:
- Soak chickpea for an hour and boil.
- Heat oil and add sliced onions and chilies.
- Fry onions until they are golden brown, add tomato slices and boiled peas.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix.
- Add required water and cook until you get the thick gravy.
- Garnish chick pea curry with coriander leaves and serve hot.