In many restaurants, we find this type of recipes hanging once cooked. Out of them, some are skewered with only chicken and some along with vegetables.
Usually, Chicken Espetada Recipe is cut into chunks of meat and marinated with spices and cooked over coal. This recipe tastes great with peri peri sauce as a snack, you can have with steamed rice.
This is one of the easiest recipes one can do at home or outdoor. If you are planning to go outdoor, you can directly take the chicken to marinate in a pouch and cook over dry wood.
Usually, food cooked on coal or wood absorbs the smoke and emit natural flavors of the recipe. Especially beef, meat, pork or chicken tastes great. Such great recipes should be served with spicy sauces like peri peri.
Chicken Espetada Recipe – Peri Peri Chicken Espetada
Chicken Espetada Recipe is one of the recipes from Portuguese cuisine, the word “Espetada” means skewered, and In India, we call this type of recipes as kebabs.
- Boneless chicken - 400 gms.
- Chilly paste - 10 gms.
- Garlic - 10 gms. Chopped
- Thyme - 10 gms.
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp.
- Chilly flakes - 5 gms.
- Pepper – ¼ tbsp.
- Lemon juice – ½ tbsp.
- Salt - as per taste
- Mayonnaise - 10 gms.
- Cream - 1 tbsp.
How to Make Chicken Espetada Recipe:
- Cut chicken pieces into 2-inch size square pieces
- Mix with marinade ingredients (spices) and marinate for 2 hours.
- Put these pieces on skewers and cook on charcoal fire till chicken is cooked.
- Here cook time should be minimum 15 - 30 minutes.
- We need to take care that carbon deposits are not formed because of roasting
Tip: Based on the meat we are using cooking time depends, when compared to meat or beef, chicken cooks faster. Also if we apply olive oil with a help of brush while cooking for flavor.
- Chicken Espetada Recipe tastes great with peri peri sauce.