Chicken Korma Recipe is one of the delicious Indian creamy gravy made out of yogurt and saffron. It is one of the famous non-vegetarian varieties served in most of the restaurants. If you are searching for cooking the non-vegetarian dish in less time, the recipe of chicken korma best suits your search.
Each part of India has its own way of preparing this recipe, some make use of coriander and mint for making a thick gravy and some use cashew nut paste to make it rich. Learn how to make Creamy Chicken Korma Recipe which goes well with any rice recipes especially vegetable pulao recipe.
Chicken Korma Recipe, How to Make Creamy Chicken Korma Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken Korma:
- Chicken - 1 kg
- Coconut grated fresh - 1/2 cup
- Coriander seeds - 1 tsp.
- Poppy seeds - 2 tsp.
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Yogurt/ curd - 1 cup
- Onions chopped - 1 cup
- Green cardamom - 4 peices.
- Ginger paste - 2 tsp.
- Dry red chilly whole - 2
- Fresh cream - quarter cup
- Garlic cloves crushed - 2 no.
- Oil - 3 tsp.
- Salt - As per your taste
- Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
How to Make Chicken Korma Recipe:
- Clean and wash the chicken. People who are worried about fat cholesterol content then you can avoid the skin.
- Cut it into big pieces ( approximately 10 - 15 pieces)
- Take some hot water and soak poppy seeds for about 15 minutes.
- Add soaked poppy seeds, whole red chilies, green cardamom, cumin seeds, garlic, coriander seeds and grated fresh coconut powder to the grinder and make a smooth paste.
- On the other hand heat oil in a saucepan and fry sliced onions, once you find onions changing color, add ginger paste and stir for a while.
- Add chicken pieces and cook on high flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Make sure pieces doesn't stick to the bottom, stir continuously.
- Now add ground paste, 1 cup of water and salt as per your taste and cook on low flame.
- Once it is cooed add beaten yogurt/ curd and cook further for 3 minutes on low flame.
- For additional flavor finish it with fresh cream.
- Chicken Korma is ready to serve. Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.