Chicken Lollipops is one of the world famous non-vegetarian recipes on the menu list. Chicken Recipes made in Indian style is famous for its spicy and crispy taste. In order to make compelling people add the different blend of spices but the common process is to bind pieces with yogurt and spices.
In most of the restaurants, we find the basic color of this recipe is red but its an added color and you can substitute with turmeric powder. Also, it’s a good idea to prepare at home because we are not aware of what kind of oils and vanaspati are used in restaurants.
When you purchase chicken lollipops on the roadside, they usually tend to use rotten ginger garlic paste and load with MSG and oil is used for repeated use. If you have ever noticed, oil will be in dark color.
Chicken Lollipops, How to Make Chicken Lollipop, Spicy Chicken Lollipops
Ingredients Chicken Lollipops:
- Chicken wings along with skin - 10 no.
- Green chilies crushed - 6 no.
- Pepper powder - quarter tablespoon
- Eggs - 2 no.
- Ajinomoto/ tasting salt - quarter tablespoon
- Soya sauce - half tablespoon
- Garam masala powder - quarter tablespoon
- Chili sauce - half tablespoon
- Plain flour - maida 50 gms.
- Worcestershire sauce to enhance flavor - 1 tsp.
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tablespoons
- Food color red or yellow - A pinch (you can avoid or substitute with turmeric powder)
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tablespoon as per your taste
- Oil - for deep fry
How to Make Chicken Lollipops:
- Clean and chop the end part of the bone and mold it like a lollypop by pulling the skin.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of salt to 1/2 cup water and boil for 3 minutes and add Worcestershire sauce and further boil for about 3 minutes.
- Remove and put aside to cool.
- Adding all the ingredients mentioned above make a thick batter (exclude lollipops)
- Now dipping into the batter deep fry until they turn golden brown.
Tip: Once it reaches light color, dip for one more time and coat with corn flour to get crunchy.
- Chicken Lollipops are ready. Serve hot with Szechwan sauce.