Chicken Pickle Recipe is one of the compelling recipes blended with spices and can be stored for months. Unlike other pickles, Murg Ka Achar flavor and spices make it unique among non-vegetarian pickles.
Chicken Pickle Recipe, How to Make Chicken Pickle, Murg Ka Achar
- Chicken – 1 kg.
- Red chili powder – 100gms.
- Poppy seeds – 50 gms.
- Mustard sees – 1tbsp.
- Coriander seeds – 100 gms.
- Fenugreek seeds – ½ tbsp.
- Ginger garlic paste – 100 gms. freshly prepared
- Turmeric powder – 2 tbsp.
- Cinnamon sticks – 2 cms. 1 piece
- Cloves – 15 no.
- Cardamom – 10 no.
- Cashew – 50 gms. optional
- Lemons – 15 no. big size
- Oil – 500 gms.
- Salt – 100gms.
How to Make Chicken Pickle Recipe:
- Clean chicken with water and drain it.
- Cook it on low flame by adding 1 tbsp. turmeric powder and ½ tbsp. salt till all water is evaporated.
- Meanwhile, fry cashew till it loses its moisture.
- Similarly fry poppy seeds, fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds separately.
- Fry coriander seeds separately.
Tip: I have mentioned separate fry because each ingredient has separate heat resistance if all are heated at a time, some ingredients may get burned and some may not fry at all.
- Extract lemon juice by removing its seeds.
- Blend all the fried ingredients into the fine powder.
- If you already have fresh ginger garlic paste it’s good or else makes the smooth paste with 50 gms. ginger and 50 gms. garlic.
- In a pan heat oil and deep fry the chicken until they turn to golden brown color, transfer to a big bowl for mixing.
Tip: As you have already cooked chicken by adding salt and turmeric powder you can fry them on high flame.
- In the remaining oil (whatever quantity oil is left), add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a while.
- Once its raw flavor is removed, off the flame and keep aside.
- Add all blended ingredients to chicken along with ginger garlic paste and oil.
- Add lemon juice, mix well.
Tip: To increase the shelf life of Chicken Pickle Recipe, heat oil separately and once cooled add to pickle so that it covers above.
Note: Adding oil should be done after 24 hours of keeping aside, as oil will ooze out from the pickle, based on the present oil level you need to decide the quantity of oil you want to add.
- Store Chicken Pickle Recipe in an airtight container or refrigerate to increase its shelf life.