Christmas cake is a type of fruitcake served at the time of Christmas. As this cake is made of rich dry fruits, it’s also very nutritious. It is particularly loved with the people who don’t like moist dessert.
According to geographic location and their taste, we can add fruits to this recipe. When I started looking for recipes for cakes I have observed a few people like to add a few drops of alcohol to enhance the taste and to get puffy output.
Christmas Cake Recipe, How to Make Christmas Cake Recipe at Home
- Butter - 3 cups
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Eggs beaten well – 5
- Cherries - 1 cup
- Raisins - 2 cups
- Almonds finely chopped - 1/3 cup
- Brown sugar - 2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Maida - 2 cups
- Mixed chopped candied peel - 1 cup
- Currants - 3 cups
- Almond powder - 1/3 cup
- Grated skin and juice of one lemon
- Nutmeg powder - 1 tsp
How to Make Christmas Cake:
- Mix sugar powder and butter together till soft and light.
- In later stage add beaten eggs gradually
- Mix maida, cardamom, nutmeg, almond and baking powder together and add this mixture to buttercream.
- Clean the dry fruits and slowly add them to the above mixture along with lemon peel and juice.
- Line the tin which is of the size 16 - 20 cms in diameter with butter or butter paper.
- And put the above mixture and bake for 1 hour on high and adjust it to medium for 2 hours in a medium oven.
- Christmas cake is ready. Apply cream above and decorate with cherry fruit or any dried fruits.