Coconut Burfi is one of the famous homemade Indian sweet. Nariyal Ki Barfi is not only easy but also very nutritious recipes. It has many health benefits. It is good for diabetes patients when prepared with sugar-free sweetener.
This recipe can be made in 15-20 minutes all the extra time spend is for grating coconut. Instead of taking tender coconut use hard and fresh coconut for making this recipe. As fresh coconut has moisture in it we need to cook on low flame till the mixture gets thick.
We can use condensed milk or even whole milk to make this recipe if you are using dry coconut. All the difference is that it takes some time when using whole milk to get thick consistency whereas condensed milk takes less time. In this scenario, we don’t saute in ghee but cook on low flame to get a soft coconut.
Coconut Burfi Recipe, Nariyal Ki Barfi, How to Make Coconut Burfi Recipe
- Coconut finely grated - 250 gms.
- Sugar - 250 gms.
- Water - 150 ml.
- Cardamom powder
- Ghee for greasing plate
How to Make Coconut Burfi:
- Prepare sugar syrup turning water to 2 1/2 thread consistency
- Fry the grated coconut with little ghee in a heavy saucepan, pour in the syrup.
- Cook the above mixture stirring continuously until smooth lump is formed.
- Spread the above smooth lump in a greased plate. Let it Cool.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder, for good flavor
- Cut into square shape
Coconut Burfi is ready. Store in a dry place or in an airtight container.