Crispy Rice Flour Rings are one of the famous south Indian snacks. They are crispy and golden in colour. They speckled with white sesame or moong dal. Rice flour rings are one of the favorites of children and good for health.
When I was a child, we used to eat them a lot. Whenever there was a small interval for my school, I used to run out of my school and used to purchase them in lose and strain my pockets with the oil of this crispy rice flour rings. I never thought I will again make this recipe for my foodies.
Crispy Rice Flour Rings, Chegodilu, How to Make Crispy Rice Flour Rings
Ingredients for Chegodilu:
- Rice Flour – ½ kg
- Bengal Gram Dal – ¼ kg
- Turmeric Powder – a small pinch
- Salt – 2 tsp required
- Green Chilly grinded – 1 tsp
- Butter – 1 cup
- Thymol seeds – little optional
- Oil – 1 Liter
- Water – required
How to Make Crispy Rice Flour Rings:
- Add salt, Thymol seeds, butter and green chilly paste into the rice flour and mix well
- Add hot water to the above mixture and knead the dough until smooth
Note: Let the moisture remain in the dough or else the rings get cracks after deep fry
Tip: To maintain moisture in the dough, cover the dough with a wet cloth
Tip: We can also use red chilly powder but to maintain its color to a golden brown, we use green chilly paste
- Meanwhile, put one heavy bottomed vessel on the stove and let the oil get heated for deep fry
- Take another wet cloth and roll the dough into a thick rope with a diameter of around 1 centimeter on the wet cloth and attach the two edges so that it looks like a ring.
Tip: Test the dough for salt before making rings
- Put the rings into the oil and deep fry until it reaches golden brown.
- Remember the flame should be maintained on medium heat to obtain golden brown color and crispiness or else it will absorb more oil.
Crispy Rice Flour Rings are ready. Store in an airtight container.