Doodhi halwa may be new but this is one of the famous North Indian desserts. We all know bottle gourd has good levels of water content. Recipe for halwa is one of the tasty vegetables which has low calories.
Halwa Recipes are one of the delicious dessert recipes you might ever cook at home. This is such a simple recipe that even a dummy can prepare this healthy dessert recipe.
Lauki Ki Halwa is one of the soft and delicious desserts which melts in the mouth as it is slow cooked in milk, ghee and sugar. Few like to add khova to enhance the flavor of this recipe. Before making this recipe we need to check the raw flavor of bottle gourd as few of them taste bitter.
This recipe can be prepared in two variations one is by sauting bottle gourd in ghee till its raw flavor is cooked and then cooking with milk. The other version is ours, our version tastes soft and takes less time to get cooked. When cooking with milk I suggest you use whole milk or milkmaid or condensed milk.
Doodhi Halwa Recipe, How to Make Doodhi Halwa Recipe, Lauki Ki Halwa
- Doodhi bottle gourd - 1 kg
- Milk - 1 ½ liter
- Sugar – 500 gms.
- Elaichi powder cardamom – ½ tsp.
- Saffron - few flakes
- Ghee - 1 tsp.
- Orange color
- Almonds - 4
How to Make Doodhi Halwa Recipe:
- Peel and grate bottle gourd
- Put dudhi and milk in a heavy bottomed vessel.
Tip: Use only whole milk to make this recipe as low fat milk my get curdled.
- Boil stirring occasionally, once it starts thickening, add sugar and stir continuously.
- Add ghee, saffron, elaichi and color.
- Lower the flame once the mixture becomes soft or the ghee oozes out.
- Dress up with a chopped almonds
Doodhi ka halwa is ready to serve.