Fenugreek Leaves Stew is considered as one of the healthy recipes. It aids in digestion as its rich in fiber and antioxidants. It is known to reduce blood cholesterol thus reducing heart problems and lose your weight.
Many of us don’t like its taste because of its bitter taste, in order to reduce its bitterness I have used tamarind juice if you still persist bitterness you can add little jaggery. In nature, there is no shortcut to lose weight or lower cholesterol, so you have to bear some bitterness. Doctors prescribe this recipe even for diabetic patients to lower their sugar levels.
When it comes to women health, it contains 180% iron per every 100 gms. of your daily need and it has a spice called diosgenin which helps in increasing milk production in mothers. Also, Methi Rasam Recipe aids in reducing labor pains. Its estrogen property helps in balancing hormones thus increasing breast size.
Fenugreek Leaves Stew, How to Make Fenugreek Leaves Stew, Methi Rasam Recipe
Fenugreek Leaves Stew is considered as one of the healthy recipes. It aids in digestion as its rich in fiber and antioxidants.
- Fenugreek leaves - 2 bunches
- Onions - 2 no.
- Green chilies - 3 no.
- Fenugreek seeds. 1 tbsp.
- Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp.
- Tamarind - small lemon size
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tbsp.
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tbsp.
- Salt - Required.
- Oil - 3 tbsp.
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- How to Make Fenugreek Leaves Stew:
- Cut Fenugreek leaves, onions and green chilies and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add fenugreek seeds and coriander seeds, once they are fried add fenugreek leaves.
- Meanwhile, extract tamarind juice.
- Once leaves are cooked add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and tamarind juice.
- You can add jaggery or sugar as optional for additional taste.
- Once Fenugreek Leaves Stew becomes thick, remove from flame and garnish with coriander leaves.